Building and flying RC airplanes is a terrific hobby for people of all ages. In addition to our RC flying field in San Antonio, Texas, ARCS also offers some helpful tips for keeping your plane or helicopter in flight. To get started, fill out our membership application.
A. Individuals wanting to become a member of the corporation must provide a membership application signed by one of the elected corporation officers and show proof of AMA insurance. The club officer accepting the application will also collect an initiation fee (if appropriate) and membership dues. Funds will be forwarded to the treasurer with the application. No applications for membership will be accepted without an AMA number.
B. Any member may be removed from membership for conduct that's deemed prejudicial to this corporation. Removal requires a 2/3 vote of the members present at any regular meeting (or called special meeting) considering this issue. Nonpayment of dues or special assessments as provided for in the Dues, Fees, Assessments portion of these bylaws are also grounds for possible loss of membership. Members in question will first have been served with a written notice of the removal procedures. The member may produce witnesses (if any) or be heard or represented by any means at the meeting.
C. All members at the incorporation of these bylaws will be known as charter members of the corporation.
E. A member may apply for temporary inactive status by presenting substantial reasoning in writing to the any club officer. The member must be paid up and in good standing at the time of application. Full membership is restored when inactive members resume payment of dues and present a current AMA membership card to a club officer. Inactive members are not allowed to fly.
1. Each new open AMA member of the corporation shall pay annual dues of $60 by the December 31. A new field surcharge of $25/year will be added to the dues. It will be used to defray the costs of new field acquisition and maintenance. Funds will be "ear marked" for such purposes and deposited in a savings account. New corporation members' dues will be prorated if joining after June 30. It will be prorated $5/month for the months remaining in the current year. The new field surcharge will be prorated $2/month for the months remaining in the current year. For each youth member, full-time student member under 25, inactive member, and AMA extra family member, the field surcharge is waived.
2. All AMA youth members pay reduced dues. Those annual dues will be for the amount of $10, paid on the day they become a member. The initial year's dues shall be prorated at $1 per month — if it's less than a full year.
3. Any full-time student age 25 or younger is eligible for reduced dues. Those annual dues will be for the amount of $10, paid on the day becoming a member. The initial year's dues shall be prorated at $1 per month — if it's less than a full year.
4. Personnel who are temporarily in the San Antonio, Texas, area for a period of no more than 180 days, desire to use the flying facilities of the corporation, but do not become a member of the corporation shall be assessed a fee of $5 per month for flying site privileges. They must show proof of current AMA membership.
5. A person possessing an AMA extra family membership who is a direct family member of an ARCS charter member is eligible for reduced dues. Those dues will be for the amount of $10 paid on the day they're becoming a member. The initial year's dues shall be prorated at $1 per month if it's for less than a full year.
6. The treasurer will provide stickers for the AMA card to show proof of corporate yearly dues payment.
B. Fees and Special Assessments:
Each new adult member of the corporation shall be assessed an initiation fee of $50. AMA youth members and full-time students age 25 or under are obligated to pay an initiation fee of $15 and will have no voting rights. Initiation fees are waived for all former ARCS members. Initiation fees will be waived for active adult and youth members in good standing of RC clubs within Atascosa, Bexar, Comal, Edwards, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson Counties.
C. Should any open AMA member fail to pay club dues by December 31, he/she shall be considered delinquent, will forfeit all club privileges, and will be dropped from the club roster on February 1 of the following year.
D. Notice of Non-Payment: The ARCS secretary or treasurer will notify a delinquent member in writing that he/she is suspended from all club privileges. A delinquent member must correct his/her financial delinquency within 30 days of receipt of written notice. If the defaulting member does not meet his/her obligations, the board of directors is required to consider the circumstances and suspend, cancel, or reinstate the membership of such member.
E. The "New Field Surcharge Fund" will be capped at a level determined by a membership vote. When the cap is reached, funds will be directed to the club's general fund (checking account). Each November, the club officers will evaluate the adequacy of the fund. If deemed inadequate, a membership vote will be taken to restore the collection of monies for this fund. In the event the corporation (ARCS) is disbanded or dissolved, all active adult members will receive equal shares of the assets of the corporation.